Income Tax rebate on Housing Property


I reside in Government Accomadation , no HRA , pay licence and maintenance fee. Taken home for self stay purpose and pay housing loan interest , joint property, wife housewife, EMI is paid by me. House is given to one family just for caretaking , very nominal rent just to give society charges, cleaning etc. My points

i) Can I claim self occupied property even getting very nominal amount to pay charges

ii) Let out property in that case total loss on my account or joint , my wife not working

Kindly advice


in progress 0
rktiwari122 2 years 1 Answer 80 views 0

Answer ( 1 )

  1. Ans. (i) You can treat one house as Self occupied

    (II) When husband finance entire consideration for housing property clubbing provision apply and taxable in the hand of husband.


    For more info. please feel free to call us


    Amit Mishra


    (TAX Clinic)

Leave an answer

Sorry, you do not have a permission to answer to this question .