File Rectification for FY15-16


Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported .


I was in India for more than 180 days in FY15-16 and even though I did not classify to be considered a resident for Tax Filing, my USA income was double taxed in India by my employer in 2016 March. I qualified as ‘Resident but not Ordinary Resident’ but income tax return was filed incorrectly as Resident.
Is there any way to file a rectification for this now? I have not received any notice from IT department, just want to check if rectification can be filed now and what is the process for the same.

Income Tax DeeptiChintapalli 9 months 0 Answers 214 views 0

Leave an answer

Sorry, you do not have a permission to answer to this question. Please Login to answer this question.